Solution Benefits for the Public Access
Many hotels, meeting centers, restaurants and transportation depots offer wireless as a public service convenience, and need to provide a wireless solution that is easy to access and use. However, these same businesses also need to control bandwidth and protect the network and its users against unauthorized users and dangerous viruses and malicious code.
Systems are designed to manage a diverse community of users all making use of the same wireless public access network. WLAN solution provide strong and reliable security controls that handle authentication and Internet access without compromising ease-of-use and a seamless wireless experience.
These, and other capabilities, gave ADTRAN's Bluesocket a dominant market share in the convention center and hotel hotspot vertical markets across the US with both building and campus scale deployment.
- Provides a complete and integrated public access solution including BlueSecure Controllers, indoor and outdoor Access Points, Planning and Management tools and market-leading Guest Access Services.
- Guest Access Services provide IT administrators the flexibility to customize a variety of login/splash pages based on user location (lobby, conference rooms, etc).
- Supports integration with leading credit payment and hotspot roaming/billing solutions including Authorize.net, Authorize AIM, Cybersource, iPass, PicoPoint and Boingo - enabling businesses to provide their own enterprise hotspot services.
- Provides an industry standard web services (XML/RPC) API, allowing for easy integration with existing network and application infrastructure.
- Role-based policy enforcement & security include identity and role based stateful firewall policies, session IPS, traceable client behavior, clientless guest device integrity scanning and bandwidth throttling.