ADTRAN NetVanta 6360
Integrated Layer 2/3 Carrier Ethernet IP Business Gateway
ADTRAN’s NetVanta® 6360 is an integrated Layer 2/3 carrier Ethernet services IP Business Gateway providing a universal edge device supporting any mix of Layer 3 IP VPN, Layer 2 VPN (E-LINE/E-LAN), voice, and internet access services. Many carriers are facing the customer demand for receiving carrier Ethernet services and supporting Layer 3 services, which often times requires multiple hardware platforms. ADTRAN’s NetVanta 6360 is designed to alleviate this burden providing the functionality of both in a single platform.
The NetVanta 6360 is a modular platform for global deployments with WAN interface options for quad bonded VDSL2, quad and octal SHDSL (EoCu). There are five Gigabit interfaces available— all with Carrier Ethernet functionality—one SFP only, one combo (Copper or SFP), and three copper.
The NetVanta 6360 supports SLA-based services such as small cell backhaul and hosted enterprise services though hardware-based SLA monitoring with automated data export offering the flexibility to fit your service delivery model.
Converging Layer 2 and 3 Services
The NetVanta 6360 eases the transition from Layer 3 IP VPN services delivered over TDM-based PPP/FR circuits to Ethernet-based services deliver over broadband access networks (EoX, VDSL2, GPON, point-to-point Ethernet). Key carrier Ethernet features:
- MAC-swap loopbacks
- Y.1731 carrier Ethernet OAM
- MEF-compliant traffic management
In the event that a single EFM loop fails, the NetVanta 6360 will continue to operate on the remaining loop, providing additional resiliency. Once the failed loop is operational again, the NetVanta 6360 will automatically detect its availability and will auto-recover to the original configuration.
The NetVanta 6360 utilizes SIP for VoIP applications, providing interoperability with industry-leading soft switches, feature servers, and gateways. Acting as a gateway, the Total Access 900e converts IP signaling from the carrier into traditional TDM analog and digital voice services. This functionality allows the NetVanta 6360 to deliver voice services to both IP phones and traditional telephony equipment simultaneously.
For customers implementing a hosted PBX or IP Centrex service, the NetVanta 6360 is ideal for providing customers additional analog ports necessary to support their remaining analog phones, fax machines, or modems. The NetVanta 6360 supports many popular calling features such as caller ID, call hold, forward, transfer, and call waiting. Voice Activity Detection (VAD) and silence suppression are supported to ensure reliable VoIP call quality.
In addition, the NetVanta 6360 can act as a registrar and Back-to-Back User Agent (B2BUA) or as a SIP-transparent proxy to facilitate remote survivability and NAT traversal. In the event of a service interruption on the wide area network or if the carrier’s call agent were to become unavailable, calls may continue locally at the customer premises between IP-based or analog phones. In addition, the embedded FXO or T1/PRI port can be used as a survivable interface for outbound calls to the PSTN.
Quality of Service Flexibility
The NetVanta 6360 offers QoS support for delay-sensitive traffic like VoIP or video, and enhanced QoS support for Ethernet WAN connections providing the ability to prioritize traffic by VLAN. This solution also delivers packet flow capabilities certified compliant per the Metro Ethernet Forum. These packet flow capabilities offer the traffic classification and bandwidth profiling functionality required to offer customers a flexible, tiered service offering with up to eight class of service queues.
- Universal edge device supporting modular Layer 2/3 Carrier Ethernet services with four Gigabit combo interfaces (copper or small form factor SFP)
- All Ethernet interfaces include carrier Ethernet functionality
- Multiple WAN interface options:
- Quad bonded VDSL2
- Quad and octal SHDSL (EoCu)
- Copper and fiber gigabit Ethernet
- Hardware-based SLA monitoring with automated data exporting
- MEF 9/14 certified supporting standard Ethernet OAM
- Layer 2 OAM (Y.1731 CFM, Y.1731 PM) and Layer 3 OAM (TWAMP) support
- Full-featured IP router for data support and Internet access
- Auto-failover and recovery for improved service robustness
- Plug-and-play auto line detection for easy installation
- RapidRoute technology for increased performance
- Stateful inspection firewall for network security
- Quality of Service (QoS) for delay sensitive traffic like VoIP
- Supports 802.1q Virtual LAN (VLAN) trunking
- Utilize recognisable Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Network Address Translation (NAT) for IP address concealment
- Supports terminal and facility MAC-swap loopback to validate service turn up and trouble-shooting
- Voice Quality Monitoring (VQM) ensuring VoIP call quality
- Enterprise Session Border Control (eSBC) to normalize, secure and troubleshoot SIP to SIP communications
- Flexibility to meet all levels of VoIP migration
|NetVanta 6360 Specifications|
|Physcial Interface||Modular WAN Options
|Processor and Memory||
|Packet-based Voice Resources||
|NAT Traversal and Remote Survivability||
|Calling Feature Support||(Varies with Feature Server/Gateway)
|Management and Utilities||
|Quality of Service (QoS)||
|Network Address Translation||
|Ethernet Services Support||
|Fault and Performance Management||
|Physical and Power||Chassis
Download the ADTRAN NetVanta 6360 Datasheet (PDF).